Friday, 7 June 2013

When Sky Condenses Earth !


Long back someone told me
‘ The colors of life is the inspiration of rain with rainbow as image of creation ! ‘

 I was wondering to realize this. Unaware of the way, I went back to my IT job where codes and logic form the entire world. Until one fine day, when the desire to roll out of routine life became bigger than my schedule.

It was a Friday evening  in Bangalore with clear sky and white clouds scattered on it. and things were running smooth at my desk. Every result of my development work was as per expectation except one, my restless feeling. I wanted to explore something new. I was chatting with my colleague in smokers zone at ITPL when we suddenly felt rain drops  touching us. I looked at the sky and saw a tiny drop heading towards me right from the sky. It was like gods own message to flush the stigma and feel the nature like a new born. I went back and told my team that I am going on a vacation. They were surprised with this sudden declaration.

At night I called my school friend living in Karad, Maharastra and told him that it’s time to meet after 11 years. Of course, we were old pals. The idea was an instant hit. Next Monday morning it was me and my machine cruising away from Bangalore towards sheer pleasure. The route selected was Asian Highway no. 17 (Also termed as a part of NH4).


 I started at 8 o’clock in the morning from my house and it took around one hour to be on this highway. The signboard mentioning that Mumbai was 1000 odd kilometers from Bangalore was kind of rocking. I continued my ride on my favorite Avenger 200 cc machine. The idea of not going to office on Monday morning was more enchanting than anything I can think of.

The road was smooth one, just like spread cheese on a piece of bread. I had a quick breakfast on one road side ‘Darshini’ and continued on my way. The first city to cross was Tumkur. It was around 100 odd kms from my house. Soon I covered Chitradurga and reached Davanagere. Till this place most of the highway was six lanes. The weather was nice, although I face dust storm at one place. It was around two o’clock and time to get some food. I stopped at a dhaba and had ordered chapatis, dal and paneer butter masala. When the paneer dish was served, it was horrible. It was a blend of zero butter, ten gram cottage cheese and a kg of spices available in entire south India. The dish could only ensure that a pal keep going to rest room frequently. I was sure that a good chef could prepare food for the entire village with that masala ! Anyways, with dal-roti stuff I had to move again.
By the time I reached Davanagere, It was cool breeze flowing. The highway suddenly became scenic with lush green fields on both the sides. Cruising through this I realized why Bajaj said ‘Feel Like God’.

  Soon it started raining. I took shelter at a tea shop adjacent to the highway. One thing I realized there. People from all walks of life were under that single tin shed trying to save from rain. In life, it’s only, when we are in a trouble, the barriers of social, economic and political views vanish. Daily wage workers, beggars, riders like me were all under one roof without any complains. The rain stopped after fifteen minutes and I started again.

I crossed Hubli and then Dharwad. People in Bangalore always have a flair for Dharwad Peda. So, I thought of trying the same at Dharwad itself. Unfortunately, none was there adjacent to highway. Alas, my sweet dream could not cherish. Anyway, I carried on with the dream to try Kolhapuri sabzi at Kolhapur itself. Soon, it was twilight and then night followed. I reached Belgaum. The lights twinkling on the hill side were awesome. I can feel it was a nice city and wanted to take a halt there. But the notion to meet school time friend was growing now and I continued. The Karnata-Maharastra border was crossed and headed towards Kolhapur. It was midnight that I reached there and again my dream of trying kolhapuri sabzi got thrashed. Anyways I realised that machine is too hot and need a break. So kept waiting for fifteen minutes on the roadside. I felt like a ghost standing alone only to be quizzed by highway patrol police. They told me its crazy to ride such a long distance just to meet one fellow. Anyways at around 12:30 at night I finally arrived at Karad only to find my friend waiting on the highway. Yo Macho !. Finally I reached there.

Next morning we sailed towards the wind farms. 


The weather was nice and we were accompanied by his team mates. It was for the first time I got a view of the installation and working of wind mills. The place was 40 kms far from Karad City and is worth exploring.   

               It’s difficult to reach there unless you have a relentless soul in you! I was amazed to be there. Saw huge wind mills. Some were having fins as large as 45 meters. The pillars used to install were bigger than the banayan tree stems. I was explained all aspects of engineering involved in renewable sources. I liked that. My friend Vikas Kushwaha was a manager there and took care of the trip. I thought, ‘ Sala, ye kaam to mujhe karna chaiye tha, kaha IT me fasa hoon’. Anyways, we spent some more time, had some pictures and returned ack to the guest house. Most of the pics here are courtesy to Vikas. Next day, I headed towards Pune on another Journey. Shall mention the same in next blog.



        Thanks Vikas Dude...Jald hi phir milenge !








1 comment:

  1. Interesting to read....i went more interesting once I got to know that you are also a part of IT and an Engineer who has to kill his eyes everyday in front of computer...
    great to read the way your passion arised and how things carried step after step

    ReplyDelete