Hi All
Sometime back someone asked me is there anything that you learn from continuous riding. I kept quite for a while and then simple said its LIFE. The fellow was confused. I thought of sharing the same with you today. Honestly speaking a long ride of a solo rider is worth a life in itself. The time spent on a machine is never deducted. I explain this with the Following instances.
1). One year back I was on National Highway no. 4 near Belgaum. It was summer of May. The sun was losing its shine. I could feel tiny droplets of water on my arm. Suddenly it started raining cats and dogs. With no other option I started searching a place to take cover. Fortunately, a closed pan shop provided us shelter. I kept my machine on one side and headed towards it only to find that it was over crowded. Anyways, "marta kya na karta", managed to insert myself in that shelter. After couple of minutes found that the people there are from walks of life. Travellers, road workers, daily wagers, students, pregnant lady, old couple, one cop and even two beggars. I noticed one thing. No one is complaining. All are ready to adjust and cooperate. There were no concerns of social, political or religious status. That moment I realized one simple life fact. When a person is in trouble, he acts like a genuine human being. Starts helping and adjusting without any complain. May be that's why we all go through bad phases of life.
2). Two years back, it was mid night of April. I was on NH7 near Salem City. I was riding for almost 16 hours. Feeling a bit tired and sleepy as well, I kept on riding. Somewhere, I was pushing myself and actually testing my new levels. Suddenly, I realised that I am almost
parallel to road. Oops, I met an accident. Unconscious and in pain, I was lying on the road. Only thing I was capable of was to wait for help. Thanks to God that there were shops near by and dhaba people helped. That night I got one life lesson... Know your limits and never do any experiments with your own life.
3). I was near Salem in Tamil Nadu. It was dusk. I felt hungry and stopped on the roadside. Took some water and thought of having food only to discover that there is nothing nearby. So I sought help from a gentleman. Unfortunately, I just discovered language barrier. Instead
of my best vocab selection, my attempts were of no use. I parted from there and proceeded a bit. Tried again with a school going kid. Again failed to know any eating joint. It was a bad situation. First hunger and then frustration. Anyways, I moved a little bit and tried to
explain the same to an auto rickshaw driver. I tried my best. That guy smiled. First he pointed his index finger to me and then another hand he took towards his mouth like posing to eat. I was relieved. At least he got my message. Then he pointed towards a road and smiled. That was a complete signal. I thanked him, went ahead and got a dosa joint. Wow....You don't need words to express yourself, just a bit of common sense and willingness to convey is enough !
4). One day I got a mail from a leading bike magazine that my story is now selected and will be published in next issue. I was quite elated. When it came to stands, I may be the first person to buy it. Put the same on my facebook profile. People appreciated. People criticized. Some were even confused. I was in office when a colleague came to me and asked how can I get this publicity. I was shocked. Suddenly I heard a voice from nearby cabin. My lead was speaking. I still remember his words. He said " you need to have years of practice...couple of doctor's prescription, a life sized X ray , multiple ligament fractures clubbed with sports injuries. Also add one or two bad appraisals. Then pour a lot of money ...and finally you may be in news." I was speechless. That question lady left without speaking a word. I got one message... People will never see the time, effort and pain that you put ...Only end results are visible.
5). There is one simple fact that we all know but I realised on the NH7. For being good you need to be self motivated. Discipline is the key. Just keep focussed and before you start do your homework. In spite of all these, you can simply ride. So just enjoy the ride and leave the destination to God's will. That's LIFE ! just LIFE

Lessons are worth remembering, thanks for sharing Tamal
ReplyDeleteI am not quite sure what the essence of life is but these findings of yours is a step close to it. One more thing that I notice is that its not the destination but the curiosity of it, that keeps you going. Its too early to say but one day you are gona attain moksha in your passion . My best wishes dude.
ReplyDeleteGood writing and well said. I experienced the same thing right now in my life. Your observations are correct and justified.
ReplyDeleteकोई ठोकर लगी आचनक। ।
ReplyDeleteजब जब चला सावधानी से। । ।
पर बेहोशी में मंजिल तक। ।
जा पहुँचा असानी से। । ।
The lessons learnt and projected here are faced by almost everybody at some point of their life but most of the people often overlook these instances, but I'm really glad to know that you have analysed these situations and along with understanding the morals,you have shared it to help others get benefited from your experiences.. :)
ReplyDeleteIts really nice. And Thanks for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteDear Tamal, It is nice to read ur lessons learnt through own experiences...you r really a committed explorer, a good rider and a good writter too...keep it up...
ReplyDeleteVery nice dear tamal..... wishing to achive many more goals n publicity .... thanks for your precious experience shared. .... n don't think about the people who criticise you n ur achievements.. just go ahead in life
ReplyDelete